Transformer Insulation Tubes
We offer a variety of transformer insulation tubes to provide superior insulation in different transformer applications.
Dielectric Kraft Transformer Insulation Tubes
- lowest-cost electrical insulation material
- non-recycled paper combines dielectric strength with structural integrity
Download and review the complete technical specifications in our PDF Bulletin #10.
Phenolic Kraft Transformer Insulation Tubes
- produced from a dielectric Kraft paper that's been pre-impregnated with a special phenolic resin
and cured to the Class B stage
- tubes are baked after forming to complete the resin cure
- superior strength with a much thinner wall
- provides a high thermal barrier
- holds dimensional stability in humid environments
- easy to work with
- often used as a cost-saving alternative to many types of aluminum, steel, or plastic tubing
Download and review the complete technical specifications in our PDF Bulletin #7.
Vulcanized Fiber (Fish Paper) Transformer Tubes
- a high-strength, durable material produced from cotton-rag-based paper
- often called the "world's oldest plastic"
- provides high dielectric strength, structural integrity, and abrasion resistance
- excellent for use in demanding applications, including fuses and pyrotechnics
Download and review the complete technical specifications in our PDF Bulletin #8.
High-Temperature Transformer Insulation Tubes
- constructed of numerous high-temperature materials
Download and review the complete technical specifications for each of the following materials:
For more information about the materials, applications, and benefits of our transformer tubes, contact PPG.