Core Support Tubes
The textile and packaging industries call on us for a variety of extruded plastic and spiral-wound paper tubes. These tubes provide the structural paper cores required in a number of applications:
- thread tubes
- dental floss cores
- diagnostic test kits
- thermal transfer ribbon cores
- converter cores for paper, foils, and fabrics
- single-dose ampoule components
- capacitor cores
- cosmetic packaging tubes
- telescoping tubes for industrial packaging
We make our paper core support tubes to the precise diameter, wall, and length specifications required for automated winding and finishing operations. Common materials include styrene, HIPS, ABS, HDPE, and polypropylene. Friction coating can be applied to facilitate the thread-winding process.
With our spiral-wound paper cores, we have the ability to combine different types of materials into a unique core structure that provides superior mechanical strength and allows easy takeup during the winding process.
We also have a unique ability to provide solid, flat end closures on both our extruded and paper core support products.
We offer our plastic and paper cores with ...
- a wide range of standard and custom colors for paper and plastic products
- high dimensional tolerances on length, ID, and OD
- smooth outer surfaces for winding thin materials
- printed outer plies
- custom engineering to meet specific application parameters
- leak-proof plastic end closures
- full or pre-cut lengths
Core Support Tube Types/Sizes:
- Kraft paper tubes
- round; ID: .050" to 12.00"
- Lengths: .250" to 240"
- Wall Thicknesses: .006" to .125"
- Tolerances: as tight as + or - .005" on cut pieces and + or - .125" on full lengths
- Extruded plastic tubes
- Materials: ABS, friction-coated ABS, butyrate, polyethylene (LDPE, HDPE), nylon, high-impact styrene (HIPS), polypropylene, polypropylene copolymer, polycarbonate
- Cut lengths: .025" to 5000'
- Wall Thicknesses: .006" to .750"
- ID: minimum .100" to 1.75" OD maximum
For more information on our core support tubes, contact PPG.